Delight family and friends at brunch with these gloriously green pancakes.
½ cup buckwheat flour
½ cup quinoa flour (to make quinoa flour simply blend quinoa flakes in a blender until it resembles a fine flour)
1 tablespoon tapioca starch
1 tablespoon ground flax seed
1 ripe banana
¾ cup almond milk (or other plant based milk)
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 teaspoons Storm & India Power Matcha
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
Coconut oil for cooking
1. In a mixing bowl, add the buckwheat flour, quinoa flour and tapioca starch and mix to combine, then set aside.
2. In a blender (or food processor) add the banana, maple syrup, almond milk and apple cider vinegar and let sit for about two minutes. Blend on high until smooth.
3. Add the flour mixture as a well as the ground flax, Power Matcha powder and baking powder and blend on low until everything is mixed, being careful to not overmix.
4. Heat a non-stick pan over low to medium heat and add about a teaspoon of coconut oil.
5. Pour about a quarter of the mixture into the pan and cook until bubbles start to appear on the surface. Flip then cook on the other side until both sides are slightly golden. Repeat until all the mixture is used up.
Serve immediately and top with maple syrup and fruit of your choice.