GARDEN PEOPLE TEA CHOCOLATE VEGAN CUPCAKES
These tea-infused chocolate vegan chocolate cupcakes are irresistibly moist and beautiful to eat with the Garden People Tea sprinkled on the chocolate ganache.
1 1⁄2 cups organic flour
1 cup organic cane sugar
1⁄4 cup organic cacao powder
1 tsp baking soda
1⁄2 tsp fine sea salt
1⁄4 cup + 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
1 tbsp organic apple cider vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup filtered water
1 tsp S+I x Karen Walker Garden People Tea
170 grams good quality chocolate
1⁄2 cup organic coconut milk (approx. 120 ml)
1/2 tsp S+I x Karen Walker Garden People Tea
How to Make
CHOCOLATE VEGAN CUPCAKES
- Preheat the oven to 175°C, line a cupcake tray with baking cups and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine organic flour, sugar, cacao powder, baking soda and sea salt.
- InfuseS+I x Karen Walker Garden People Teain water for 5 minutes, remove tea leaves.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour in the grapeseed oil, apple cider vinegar and water with a spatula, and fold through until the mixture is smooth.
- Apple cider vinegar and acidic ingredients will start reacting together as soon as mixed; bubbles will appear—so acting quickly, equally divide the batter over the baking cups and place the tray in your oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a knife inserted in the central cupcake comes out lightly touched (not clean). Let cupcakes cool completely before applying chocolate ganache.
- Shake your can of coconut milk, open and measure out the liquid. Set aside.
- Roughly chop the chocolate into thin shards; this makes the chocolate easier to melt, achieving a smoother ganache more easily.
- Add your coconut milk and S+I x Karen WalkerGarden People Teato a small milk pan, bringing it to a gentle boil. Strain your off tea leaves
- Pour your coconut milk over the chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- Allow your ganache to cool to room temperature, and fold the mixture with a spatula every 5 minutes or so. Be patient, the ganache must be cooled slowly, or it can develop a greasy appearance.
- Once your ganache starts to harden, fold more frequently — it can turn from soft to very hard within a minute at this point.
- Frost your cupcakes once you achieve a spreadable ganache. You will want to work quickly.
- Top frosting with sprinkles of Garden People Tea. Enjoy!
- If remaining, these chocolate cupcakes will keep up to 3 days in an airtight container.