Strawberry & Vanilla Muffins
Perfect for summer these gluten and dairy free strawberry and vanilla muffins are infused with our Detox Afternoon tea.
Detox Afternoon infused Chia Jam
1 x Detox Afternoon tea bag - brewed in 1/2 cup of boiling water
1.5 cups of frozen strawberries
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/2 tsp maple syrup (optional)
Strawberry and Vanilla Muffins (Makes 8)
Pre-heat oven to 180degrees
In a large mixing bowl combine:
1 cup almond meal
1/2 cup topioca flour
1/4 cup flax meal or chia seeds
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp Vanilla essence
1/3 cup natural coconut yoghurt
1/3 cup Maple syrup
1. Put the frozen strawberries and 1/2 cup of brewed tea into a small saucepan and heat on a medium heat until strawberries begin to break-down.
2. Turn off the heat and add in the lemon juice, chia and maple syrup (if using) and mix until combined.
3. Let the jam cool before transferring into a jar.
Vanilla Strawberry Muffins
1. Add the wet ingredients into the large mixing bowl along with 1 cup of fresh strawberries cut into small pieces.
2. Mix until smooth.
3. Spoon mixture into a greased or silicone muffin tray. Spoon 1 tsp of chia jam on top and swirl around with a spoon. Bake for 20mins.
4. Once cooled, carefully take the muffins out of the tray and top with 1 tsp of chia jam and freshly cut strawberries.